Sunday, August 9, 2009

What to say, what to say, what to say...
.Well for starters, I'm back home. NYC summer 2009 came to a close. I got really sentimental about New York City the last few days I was there wandering around (I was looking up at buildings rather than being consumed with getting to where I was going and only looking down). I'm going to miss it, I know it.

But it feels great to be home. I swam and was lazy in the pool today, relaxing with my parents and Tipton, eating pasta & mussels for lunch and a whole lot of fresh fruit. I was sun-kissed and tired from the sun and let my hair air dry... it was the parts of summer I have missed.

.Things I fell in love with this summer that I hope to bring with me into the school year:
-Goat cheese. Goat cheese, really? Yes, really. I love cheese of all kinds, but goat cheese and I had never formally gotten acquainted until this summer. Goat cheese, dried cranberries, walnuts, and a vinaigrette = a salad I never get tired of.
-Brunch. Get ready, Columbians, I vow to make brunch part of my school life. First stop will be Bleu.
-Reading magazines. Duh, right? It's my major, after all. But sad as it is, I have never been one to read many magazines during the school year. But they're a wonderful companion for those short moments that you find yourself free of obligations.

That's an odd short list, I know. But I was thinking about those things so I needed to spill them out sooner or later.

.I saw Julie & Julia tonight and it inspired me to do many things. 1) Have a blog that gets published as a book and picked up as a movie. Ok, maybe not so much. But I do want more direction in my blog. 2) I want to take cooking lessons. Or at least vow to try new recipes this year. I want to get a cookbook that forces me to expand my meal knowledge and start exploring. 3) Write at all costs. Whether it's for me, one person, or many. 

How's that for "more direction in my blog"? Possibly the most oddball post I've ever written. Go figure. 

1 comment:

abby! said...

Yay for being inspired by Julie & Julia. What a great movie!

Glad you are enjoying your time at home. Can I be a part of the brunch date to Bleu?