Saturday, May 30, 2009

maybe I will tell you all about it when I'm in the mood to lose my way with words



































































































  



1. Beautiful Bryant Park. I want to read here everyday. It's behind the public library, afterall. I can't wait for movies in Bryant Park to start in June.

2. Nobody was ready for this picture. But Walter graduated from Columbia Law, hoorah! Such a lovely, proud day.

3. Welcome to Central Park in the summertime. Also known as: everyone's backyard.

4. Our family spent the day on Long Island and in Southampton with my brother's girlfriend's family. It was quite chilly on the beach, but so pretty nonetheless.

5. Amanda and I rode the subway to Brooklyn to make sure she knew where one of her internships is located. I like Brooklyn, a lot! All of the three whole blocks I saw. Here we are enjoying the gelato we found in a cute granola and snack shop.

6. The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) is *free* from 4-8 on Fridays. It therefore resembles more of a shopping mall atmosphere with massive crowds of people and chitter chatter. I don't want to criticize the way other people experience art, but I feel like there's a certain museum etiquette of respect and generally quieter talking that is expected. That said, I'm in love with MoMA. I only made it through 3 1/2 floors, with van Gogh still to see on the last floor. Needless to say, you'll know where to find me every Friday this summer (I'll be the one with headphones drowning out the crowds).

3 comments:

abby! said...

So fun... keep the pictures and stories coming! I love them!

Jennifer said...

Hey! Its great to see all your pics! I miss NY!! and you!!! Hope you are having a great time!! and ps. I saw an andy warhol exibit while in Paris! though it was mostly his portraits and no soup cans.

Sarah Nabholz said...

I was so excited when I saw that you put pictures up! I cannot wait to hear more about how your summer unfolds!