Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Broadway is dark tonight

I've been wanting to blog for so long! But I didn't have internet at the hotel...and my brother's internet has been spotty. But here I am.

I am so ready to get set into a routine. I feel like I'm currently a nomad, wandering from one place to the next. I just want to be moved into my apartment (which happens tomorrow) and feel like I know my way around. 

But here's a recap of what I've gotten to do thus far:

-Great dinners with my brother's friends and family for his graduation; beautiful outdoor graduation at Columbia.
-Central Park, Magnolia cupcakes, more great eating.
-Saturday on Long Island with my brother's girlfriend's family; drive to Southampton, shopping around, walk on the beach
-Celebrity sightings: Kanye West, Chris Cuomo (from Good Morning America), an NBA bball player (Marbury?)...pretty sure I saw one of the finalists from Make Me a Super Model (the girl with short white blonde hair)
-Afternoon at the Met today: it was my first time going solo to a museum but I loved it, experiencing art is a personal thing so it doesn't really matter if there's people there or not. I didn't jam in the whole museum 'cause that would be exhausting, so I plan to go back this weekend or later this summer. I saw a really interesting Francis Bacon exhibit and a model/fashion exhibit.

Can't wait to settle in with my roommates tomorrow. Off to Whole Foods to figure out something for dinner.

2 comments:

abby! said...

Yay! So fun... Every time I see one of your tweets I get more and more jealous of your New York life. I guess I will just have to come and visit you. I'm sure you'll be an expert by the time I'm there! :)

EF4 said...

I'm soooo jealous! Get used to that word, because we will all be repeating it over and over this summer. Please keep giving us your updates--I'm living vicariously through you, and can't wait to visit!! It's really funny that you and Abby have both had Kanye sightings. Kinda random. Love you!