Saturday, March 27, 2010

messing around with Illustrator...

For our next magazine design assignment we have to use Illustrator to create, well, an illustration for our design. Because my level of experience with the program is 0.4, I'd like to become a little more familiar with it over break by simply messing around on it.

I have an ever-growing mild addiction to beautiful stationary and letterpress. Playing off of a pretty picture of paper lanterns that I saw on a post on the blog Once Wed, I decided to try my hand at making a pseudo-invite. I traced one of the lanterns and created an invitation to a hypothetical brunch (since we are in the heart of brunch season and all!) I've fallen in love with a color swatch feature on Illustrator that has pre-made color groups (the one I used is named Ice Cream; how fitting!) Some others include: Impressionism and Pop Art in the art history category; fruits, veggies & sweets in the food category; and foliage in the nature category.

This is just a start; I'll hopefully get better and post some more examples.

1 comment:

abby! said...

I absolutely LOVE this!