Saturday, March 13, 2010

Neglectful

I'm a neglectful blogger. There's simply no denying it. I wish it weren't true but I've come to accept it.

But in an attempt to explain my neglect, or make excuses for it, here's a glimpse of other ways my writing has been put to use in the past few months.

*I manage to blog weekly for the Mustard Seed in an attempt to tell the stories behind every beautiful fair trade item in the store. Look for me on Wednesdays.
*I think and write about brunch a lot. I'm in Magazine Publishing and we're developing a one-shot publication for Meredith (think, Better Homes & Gardens, Family Circle, ReadyMade, etc.) all about brunch. I created two recipes for one of our features and recently interviewed the executive chef at Bleu to get his tips and tricks for tackling eggs Benedict.

Here's my Cranberry & Walnut pizza:









1 Tbsp. pesto

4 Tbsp. olive oil

½ cup shredded mozzarella

1/3 cup dried cranberries

¼ cup chopped walnuts (broken more for desired size)

¼ cup crumbled goat cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Sprinkle flour on a cookie sheet and roll the wheat dough onto the sheet. Roll dough out to desired thickness (note: crust will rise in the oven).

In a small bowl, combine olive oil and pesto. With a spoon or brush, spread the oil and pesto mixture evenly on rolled out dough.

Sprinkle mozzarella cheese, dried cranberries, walnuts and goat cheese on top of the pesto.

Bake pizza in oven for 10-12 minutes or until cheese has melted and crust is golden brown.

*I'm working on my HTML skills through a introductory web development class. The final project will be an online portfolio that I hope turns out as nicely as I have planned. In the meantime we work on little pages to practice different skills.
*I'm applying for internships and looking for jobs. That should just be a separate class altogether.

So sorry blog if you get neglected from time to time. It's nothing personal.

1 comment:

abby! said...

So fun reading your writing again!

Question: did you buy your wheat crust or did you make it? I didn't see a recipe about that.

And I clicked on your projects and I hadn't even seen the finished result of your toilet paper roll thing... It's so great!