Friday, June 12, 2009

Birthday + Hip Hip Jorge

When I got out of work today I took a deep breath and smiled: Ah, it's the weekend :)

Last night was a good enough start to a weekend. We went out to celebrate one of roommate's 21st birthday. The place was called Vento and it was decently priced great Italian/American food. With wonderful cocktails called Persas (mystery what's in them). I had a few tasting sips, or dabbling my tongue as Graeme said. Though I could have ordered 10 drinks without a care in the world--carding is like a foreign concept here.

Amanda looking all grown up.
Me and Ashley with the birthday girl.
Then right after work today I got to go to my first Yankees game. It was lovely weather for it, the first time we've seen sun since Sunday. I felt so special to get to go to the new stadium for a 'big' game -- Yankees vs. Mets "The Subway Series Game." A hot dog, diet Pepsi and a swirl soft-serve ice cream cone have never tasted so good.
Here's my artsy shot for the game.
Sam, me, Ashley and Hannah being such big fans with no Yankee memorabilia. 
And then we came home tonight to free books! Amanda noticed a 'free books' stand by the dumpster downstairs so she snagged me the bottom two art books : ) One has a sweet dedication in it from a mom to her son hoping the book inspires him to be the artist he wants to be. Aw. Then I went back and grabbed a few others (the knot book is for Jonathan :) ) and the top book had $10 in it! Yes, thank you.

Such a great start to the weekend already. Tomorrow I'm getting brunch with Kelly at this cute looking place called Shiller's Liquor Bar (yes, brunch at a liquor bar) and exploring my beloved Brooklyn some more, which might mean going to the Brooklyn Museum of Art or stopping by the flea market. Or simply admiring all of the design stores there.

++I booked a flight to Colorado for 4th of July weekend to visit Jonathan :)
++Abby and Sarah are getting/got (sad that I don't know which?) tickets to come visit me in July :)

1 comment:

Norma said...

Getting. Unfortunately not got yet because Sara left for a mini vaca. But as soon as she gets back we are going to buy them. I'll let you know when it's official.

Sounds like a wonderful weekend!