Sunday, March 21, 2010

just keep me where the light is

Super weekend was a success! After a week of midterms and deadlines, the weekend started with a bang with the lovely Abigail coming in town on Thursday (Bible study was just more complete with her there:) ), Sarah and Ben's engagement party on Friday, a lil birthday celebration for Tyler, a little snow to kick off spring on Saturday ... and John Mayer in St. Louis on Saturday!
Walking to the restaurant; our hotel was in the middle of so much great architecture.

St. Louis was a fun trip with Ashley and Lauren. We ate dinner at a delicious tapas restaurant called Mosaic before the concert. The concert started with Michael Franti and Spearhead, one of the most energetic and fun-loving groups I've seen in a long time. I only knew one of their songs, but they were all catchy and just made you want to dance around. Michael came out into the crowd (which was massive) several times and even started a dance line at one point. He had younger kids come on stage for Say Hey (I Love You) and totally gave the mic to a little girl at one point who sang so cute and great! It was just a bunch of smile moments all around.

Michael Franti & Spearhead's backdrop was lovely.

Umpteenth attempt at fitting us all in. Oh well, we're still happy:)

Oh hey there big screen entrance for JM.

Look at that old-school hairdo.

Thank you, jumbo-tron. Can't really see it, but I'm not digging the left arm tattoo sleeve he's rocking now.

And then John hit the stage...which was fantastic. He went off on his random, don't make much sense philosophical tangents. But that's ok. The boy can sing and play guitar; I guess we have to allow the occasional "this is the advice I wish I knew way back when" moments. One of my all-time favorite songs, "Why Georgia," was played second, so I was a happy camper early on. I was glad he had a good combination of oldies and newies.

What a wonderful weekend to give me the extra go for this next week before spring break.

1 comment:

abby! said...

So glad I got to see you this weekend and so glad that you got to see John. Uh... was he wearing a sleeveless shirt? Last time I check, that's not ok.